Our mission is to be at the heart of our local community by providing invaluable services, thus improving quality of life and raising aspirations. We wish to enable and empower local people, and to continue to raise funds to enable us to do this.
Bentilee Volunteers are currently seeking Trustees to join their existing Executive Committee.
We are a successful Stoke-on-Trent Charity, based and working in Bentilee, Stoke on Trent to help enable positive changes in people’s lives through the services we offer and the volunteering opportunities we provide. We work with 100’s of local people including; young people, adults with learning disabilities, the unemployed and the elderly.
We have been able to make a real difference over the past 30 years, and maybe you want to be on this journey with us? If so, this opportunity could be for you – even if it’s for just one year we would love for you to be involved. This is an interesting, varied and challenging opportunity to contribute to the continued success of Bentilee Volunteers, and enable us to confidently take on the many exciting challenges and opportunities we have ahead.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about change and about helping to make a difference to the lives of local people.
Ideally we are looking for individuals who might have some of the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Experience of working with or in the Local Authority
• IT systems/websites/social media
• Links with the NHS
• Links with the Private Sector
• Experienced in HR/Payroll/Personnel /Employment Law
• Business owner (current or former)
• Lives in or has local knowledge of Bentilee
• Local Historian
• Experience in transport and logistics
• Worked in or has links with local Job Centres and the benefits system
• Experience/links with youth and community work
• Business management experience
• Charity law
• Finance experience
• Links with local/national press/media
• Working with/managing volunteers
• Experience in providing a public service
• Links with local schools/education/colleges/ universities
• Previous experience of Asset Transfer with the City Council
• Experience of working within the Voluntary Sector
• Experience in online sales/customer service
1) Minimum 2 hours per month to attend Board Meetings
2) AGM: 1 meeting per year, approx. 1-2hours in length
3) Any sub-committee meetings/additional work as necessary
To apply: Please write to us expressing why you would like to be a Trustee and what skills and experience you can bring to the role, to:
Janet Mason, Chairperson, Bentilee Volunteers, 19 Brackenfield Avenue, Stoke on Trent, ST2 0DH or you can email: email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail please call 01782 863192 and speak to either Janet Mason, Chairperson or Helena Pilkington, Manager. Please also see our Trustee Role Description attached for more details.
Click on the link below to download the Trustees role description.
Bentilee Volunteers Registered Charity No. 1003780 © All Rights Reserved